Acceptable Use Policy
Welcome! We are excited that you are taking advantage of the services offered by CatchOn, Inc. This acceptable use policy (“AUP”), combined with our Terms of Service found at www.catchon.com/legal , (collectively, the “Terms”) govern your use of the Services. You should read and understand this AUP, as the provisions are a key condition to your use of the Service.
The terms “Company”, “we”, “us” “our” and similar terms refer to CatchOn, Inc. The term “Customer” refers to educators, technology companies and other stakeholders in the educational field to whom our Service and the CatchOn Platform are made available under a contract. The terms “you,” “your,” “User” and similar terms refer to end users of our Platform and Services. The term “Site,” “Services,” or “Platform” refer to www.catchon.com and derivatives of this URL as provided to our Users at www.catchon.com and any extensions, software or add-ons provided by us for use with the Platform or such other website(s) or mobile applications designated by us. “Partners” refers to our third party corporate and Partners who may make information available to our users for review, evaluation and/or purchase. Other capitalized terms may be defined below in these Terms.
Use of Service by Customers
Customers may purchase a license or subscription to use the Platform for use within their specific organization only. Customer acknowledges and agrees that access to the Platform will be limited to the specified Customer. Customer will not make available the Platform to anyone outside of the Customer without CatchOn’s prior consent. Customer further agrees that it will use its reasonable efforts to educate its Users about proper use of the Platform and that we have the right to suspend or prohibit access to the Platform by any User in violation of the Terms. A Customer’s subscription may have restrictions on the number of authorized users, number and nature of reports and similar terms, all of which will be set forth in the Customer’s order form.
Use of Service by Partners
Partners may purchase or receive a license or subscription to access and use the Platform to obtain data and reports concerning the use of their product(s). Partners may also be permitted to associate themselves with portions of the Platform pertaining to their products. Partners acknowledge that CatchOn reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to incorporate or reject any proposed changes to Partner’s information on the Platform. The Platform may also be used to enable Partners to interact with Users, including without limitation, who provide reviews and to enable Partners to respond to requests for information from Customers. Written consent must be obtained prior to any data sharing with a Partner on behalf of a user or CatchOn Customer.
Use of The Platform
Registration. In order to use the Platform as a User, you will need to provide to us certain basic information such as your true legal name, affiliated Customer organization (if applicable) and similar personal and professional information. You may also provide other information such as your role in the Customer organization, subject interests and grade level. You agree that all information you provide to us will be complete, true and correct and that you will keep it up-to-date. During the registration process, you will choose a username and password for your use of the Platform. You will be responsible for securing your username and password and for all use of the Platform using your email address or password. You agree that you will not disclose, trade or transfer, with or without payment, your password. You will be solely liable for any use of the Platform under your account and password. You agree to notify us promptly of any unauthorized use or disclosure of your password. We reserve the right to refuse use of or revoke use of any username in our discretion.
You agree that we will have the right, but not obligation, to verify your identity as a member of a Customer. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and use of the Platform if (a) we believe any information you have provided during the registration process is inaccurate or incorrect or, (b) if you have registered as part of a Customer, if your organization requests such suspension or termination for any reason or if you withdraw from the organization or otherwise are no longer a member of the Customer.
We reserve the right to establish fees for use of the Platform at any time or to charge additional fees for premium services, data access or additional functionality.
User Obligations. Your use of the Platform shall be solely for your own educational and academic use. You will comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Platform. You will not attempt to circumnavigate or violate any security feature of the Platform, including accessing any Platform features, interactive areas, information or profiles for which you do not have permission or other content or information not intended for you.
All Users are responsible for their own use of the Platform. As part of your use of the Platform, you agree that you will not:
- interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the normal operations of the Platform or any other User’s use of the Platform, including by overloading, flooding, spamming or crashing the Platform or its underlying systems or by altering any profile, reviews or other information provided by any User;
- post, share, link to or submit any content or material that is libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, profane, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit or exploitative;
- use the Platform to harass, bully, threaten, humiliate, stalk or otherwise intimidate any other User, or any third party;
- post, share, link to or submit any content or material that constitutes hate speech, promotes violence against any group or person or is otherwise considered by CatchOn as objectionable, in our sole discretion;
- post, share, link to or submit any content or material that is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- post, share or disclose any personally identifiable information regarding any students;
- impersonate or falsely suggest or claim an affiliation with any other person or entity;
- seek to monetize the Platform, including by providing reviews or endorsements for payment or other consideration from any Partner or other third party;
- violate or circumvent your Customer’s policies, including the Customer’s honor code;
- collect, store or analyze information about other Users, except as authorized by such User;
- expose CatchOn, the Customer or Community to any civil or criminal liability;
- violate any applicable law or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; or
- access or attempt to access any information of another Customer or User.
We reserve the right, but not obligation, to review or monitor any User content or use of the Platform and may remove or restrict access to any User content we deem to be inappropriate, in violation of the Terms or applicable law. We cannot and do not guarantee that you, as a User, will not be exposed to content you find objectionable or offensive and you waive any right to damages relating to such content. If we believe any User content is in violation of any Customer policies or applicable law, we reserve the right to report such User content and information regarding the User to the Customer or appropriate legal authorities. You understand and agree that we cannot control how other Users may use the Platform, including posting of offensive User content, or use or share your User content (on the Platform or otherwise) and release us from all liability arising from any other user’s acts.
Last updated: September 30, 2020